Make a topic book with written information, diagrams, photos, drawings and answers to the following questions:
- What is a rainforest?
- Make a list of ‘Top 10’ rainforest facts.
- Use Google Maps / the internet - mark on a map where rainforests are located around the world (see blank map below)
- What is the largest rainforest in the world? Where is it?
- The rainforest habitat has 4 layers. What are they called? Can you describe each layer?
- Produce a diagram showing the layers of a rainforest
What lives in a rainforest?
- Make a list of animals and reptiles that live in rainforest habitats.
- Make a list of insects that live in rainforest habitats.
- Make a list of trees and plants that grow in rainforest habitats.
Rainforests and us
- Make a list of foods and materials that we get from rainforests.
- Why are rainforests getting smaller?
- Make a poster to help save the rainforests.
- Make 'Trump' cards about rainforest animals (e.g. speed, size, diet etc)
- Take photos of wildlife that lives in your garden/ local area
- Sketch trees and plants in your garden/ local area
- Watch (or read) 'Jungle Book'