Make a topic book with written information, diagrams, photos, drawings and answers to the following question:
- What is a rainforest?
- Make a list of ‘Top 10’ rainforest facts.
- A map showing where you can find most of the world’s rainforests
- What is the largest rainforest in the world? Where is it?
- A map showing where the Amazon rainforest is in South America
- The rainforest habitat has 5 layers: what are they called? Can you describe each layer?
- A diagram of the layers of a rainforest
What lives in a rainforest?
- Make a list of animals and reptiles that live in rainforest habitats.
- Make a list of insects that live in rainforest habitats.
- Make a list of trees and plants that grow in rainforest habitats.
Rainforests and us
- Make a list of foods and materials that we get from rainforests.
- Why are rainforests getting smaller?
- Make a poster to help save the rainforests.
- Watch (or read) 'Jungle Book'
- Make 'Trump' cards about rainforest animals (e.g. speed, size, diet etc)
- Take photos of wildlife that lives in your garden/ local area
- Sketch trees and plants in your garden/ local area
- Explore 'Google Earth'
Writing Ideas based on the short film, 'Ride of Passage'. https://vimeo.com/36682203
- Retell the story of the animation.
- Write a diary entry for a day in the life of Toki.
- Write a letter to Toki asking him questions you would like to find out about living in the rainforest.
- Create a map of Toki's village.
- Write a conversation between Toki and the Elders when they realise he released the Chameleon.
- Non fiction research about tribes living in the rainforest.