This half term we are learning about our wonderful world. We started by learning where we live. We used google earth to look at our planet and then we zoomed in to find the United Kingdom, England, Nottinghamshire, Arnold and then Arnold Mill Primary School. We were very excited to see our school on the map and spotted our Foundation Unit and our outdoor area.
Next, we learned about the Creation story and how some people believe that God made the Earth in 6 days and had a day of rest. We thought about all of the wonderful things that we see in our world. Take a look at some of our drawings.
We made our own world using paper mache. It was so fun and messy. We then painted our worlds blue for the water and then used a sponge to stamp on the green for the land.
We read the Story 'Hello Mr World'. It was all about how Mr World was feeling poorly because he was getting too hot and he was coughing because of all the fumes. We did some writing about how Mr World was feeling.
We have also been learning about China. We learned all about their Chinese New Year Celebration. Take a look on our Special Events page to see more.
We then focused on China. We found it on a map and learned some facts:
- it is a very big country.
- The flag is red and has 5 yellow stars.
- Chinese food is very delicious – chinese people eat with chopsticks.
- A long time ago a very long wall was built – it is called the Great Wall of China.
- There are lots of beautiful buildings in China.
- Chinese writing looks very different to ours.
- China is the home of a very special bear – the panda. Pandas are endangered which means there aren’t many left in the wild. They like to eat bamboo.