Key Maths Skills in Year One
- Count to 10, 20, 50 and 100; forwards and backwards from any given number.
- Write numbers to 10, then 20, ensuring that they are formed correctly.
- Work out one more or one less for numbers up to 100, then moving on to ten more and ten less.
- Telling the time
- Count in multiples of 2s, 5s and 10s; you could do this using coins.
- Read and write number sentences involving the + - and = signs.
- Learn your number bonds (pairs of numbers) to make 10, 20 and 100.
Helpful Maths Links: