Websites to support your child's English:
English Task: 13th July 2020 Share your ideas and work with me email@example.com
Where will your bubbles take you?
Watch the video and have a go at one or more of the tasks below.
- Imagine you are floating on the bubble draw a picture of what can you see?
- Can you use different adjectives to describe what you can see?
- Can you write an adventure that takes you to another land?
- Can you make a story map to represent the journey you make and the places you visit on your bubble?
English Task: 6th July 2020
Imagine that you have just walked into your kitchen to find this…
Use your imagination and have a go at these writing tasks…
- You can only ask 3 questions to the octopus. What would you ask and why?
- You decide to let the octopus stay here, but the next morning you come into your kitchen to find it joined by another creature. What might it be?
- Try to persuade the octopus to leave. Then try to persuade it to stay. Which was easiest? Why?
- Write the story of how the octopus came to be here, and what happens next.
English task 29th June: Something Fishy
Take a look at this short film...
- What do you notice about the sea creatures?
- What other characters might be lurking at the bottom of the deep blue washing machine?
- Use your imagination to create new characters. What about Jellyfish tights or an octopus jumper.
- Can you draw and describe them?
(Share your ideas with everyone by emailing them to me.)
We use the Read Write Inc scheme to teach reading and writing.
Find out more on the curriculum pages
Try the games below to help you improve your English skills.
Please make sure you follow the internet safety rules, never click or open anything you are unsure of and only use the internet when working with an adult.