Our school house captains and vice captains will once again play an important role in school this year as they will form our School Sport Organising Crew. This crew will become involved in sport and PE within school by running clubs, carrying out surveys, reporting on competitions and helping to develop the delivery of sport within school.
What is a School Sport Organising Crew?
A School Sport Organising Crew (SSOCrew) is a diverse group of young people who join together to develop, organise and promote school sport and intra-school competition within the
Sainsbury’s School Games.
Why do we need a School Sport Organising Crew?
A SSOCrew provides a structured and meaningful mechanism for young people to do the following:
• Contribute to decisions about sporting activities and sports competition in their school.
• Engage in aspects of school life outside timetabled lessons.
• Air views and have opinions listened to.
• Influence and shape school sport for their peers.
• Assist in the development and planning of ‘their’ Sainsbury’s School
Games programme of activities — based on student voice and need.
• Organise intra-school competitions within their school.
• Be valued and seen as an integral part of the workforce.
The SSOCrew should be seen as an essential aspect of developing school sport provision that meets the needs of young people.
Meet the crew.....
Various members have roles within the crew.
Head Of Crew
Break Times House Points
Maddi Todd and Archie Moulds
House Competition Organiser
Emma Porter and Tilly Riley
Lunch Time Behaviour Awards
School Sports Journalist
Tyler Law and Amaia Steele
Ronnie Kokkinos and Archie Moulds